We the people of The Abh Nation, in order to form a more perfect democratic system in which no one shall have their rights denied, do hereby ordain these Moderation Rules to be fair and just.
The actions in bold may only be taken if at least one (1)
of the listed conditions are true.
Editing a Post
- Sexual images that are not appropriate for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Offensive and/or crude humor intended to degrade others.
- Offensive remarks that insult an individual and/or group of individuals.
- The user double posted two different posts in a row.
- Any images that are more than five hundred and fifty (550) pixels wide.
When editing a post use your best judgement. If there is inappropriate content, remove it. Based on the severity you may either PM a friendly reminder of the rules, or issue a warning.
- The post is utterly random garbage that does not pertain to the topic at hand
- The post contains at least two (2) offensive images and/or offensive statements.
- The User posted the same post twice by mistake.
When deleting posts user your best judgement. Can an offensive image be removed or an offensive remark be edited out? If a user posts a long post in a debate and makes 4 offensive remarks, it is better to simply remove the offensive remarks, rather than to delete the whole post.
- The topic is spam. This does not apply in Spam Box or The Clans Forum.
- The topic is a duplicate topic of an existing topic that was recently posted.
- The topic is intended to insult an individual and/or group of individuals.
When deleting duplicate topics, move replies to the other topic and then delete the duplicate topic.
- The topic is clearly in the wrong area of the forum.
This one is simple, if it doesn't belong where it is, move it to where it belongs. Be sure check the 'yes' box to leave a link to the topic in it's new location.
Locking & Archiving Topics
- The topic has exceeded its intellectual value and is just generating spam.
- The topic has been turned into a flame war by members.
- Topic Starter Request.
When we lock a topic, with the exception of the Announcements forum, it is sent to the Archives forum where everything is read-only.
If a flame war erupts use your best judgement. Can you delete a few posts and stop it, or has it escalated out of control?
The starter of a topic has the right to have their topic closed at any time without a reason. They started the topic and they have a right to end it. Close requests by a topic starter are not optional and you must comply with their request.
The Moderator rules exist to weed out corruption and ensure that everyone can get along and have a good time.
Members have to follow the rules, its only fair that the moderators follow them as well.
Global Moderators have the ability to ban a user. If you feel the need to do this please inform me of your actions.
The Moderator Rules apply to the entire forum with the exception of The Clans Forum.
All existing moderators as well as those who are elected are bound by these terms. Failure to abide by the rules will result in consequences which will be at the discretion of higher level moderators and the administrator(s).
In addition, the members of The Abh Nation have a right to impeach any Moderator or Global Moderator at any time. A 2/3 majority vote with at least 15 total votes will be required to remove any moderator from office.
Ignorance to the rules is no excuse to break the rules.
With great power, comes great responsibility.
- January 15th, 2005 - Rules published.
- January 15th, 2005 - Grammar Edit and wording change.